Sunday, January 8, 2012

Year of the Fantasy Classic



Host: KMont from Lurv a la Mode

Challenge: Determine a number of fantasy books to read and then read them in 2012.

My goal: Read 6 fantasy novels in 2012.

Time Frame: January 1 to December 31, 2012


I am signing up for this reading challenge for three distinct reasons.

I lurv the challenge graphic.
I lurv KMont.
I lurv fantasy fiction.

It seems I love the fantasy books I read, but oddly enough... I don't actively seek those books out as often as I should. This challenge will hopefully encourage and inspire me to be more consistent with that in 2012.

All excellent reasons to do this challenge, right? Why not join us?

You can read more about this challenge and sign yourself up HERE.

I have several titles already in mind for this challenge that I've listed below, many of which I already have on my shelves, others I know I can get at the library.

Midsummer Night by Freda Warrington
Enchantment by Orson Scott Card
The Bell at Sealey Head by Patricia McKillip
The Broken Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin
The Kingdom of the Gods by N.K. Jemisin
Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Fire by Kristin Cashore
Eon by Allison Goodman
Eona by Allison Goodman
The Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

I'll keep a list of the books I read for this challenge in this post.

1. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien [graphic novel]
2. Eon by Alison Goodman
3. Eona by Alison Goodman
4. The Amulet Series, Books 1-4 by Kazu Kibuishi
5. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
6. Cold Magic by Kate Elliot
7. The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
8. The Riftwalker by Clay & Susan Griffith
9. Cold Fire by Kate Elliot
10. Fever Moon by Karen Marie Moning [graphic novel]

5 comments:

  1. There are some great books on your list! I haven't read Enchantment, The Bell at Sealey Head, or Heart's Blood, but I liked the rest of those, especially The Broken Kingdoms, Fire, Eona, and A Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fantasy also and loved the Cashore books. I hope you will also!
    Good luck on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fantasy books and just bought one yesterday. Can't wait to see how you do on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so tempted...as I have a few fantasy books on my TBR list, including my Big Book...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen, I'm looking forward to all of those books on my list. I'll get to all of them eventually... Maybe I'll inspire you to read some of the ones you haven't gotten to!

    Peaceful Reader, would you believe I have had Cashore's books on my TBR for a couple of years now?

    Brandy, I know your daughter loves fantasy too. Do you sometimes read the same books? I loved when my girls did that, but it doesn't happen often anymore.

    orannia, you should do it! KMont is letting each person set up their own goal for this one. You can say you'll read ONE. Or THREE. ... Or TEN. You decide. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]