Many of my friendly romance bloggers and aspiring authors are coming together for a week of meeting, greeting, workshopping, author signing, sight seeing, and I'm sure partying at the RWA Conference (Romance Writers of America) this week in San Francisco. I have read many recent blog posts about who will be there (Meljean!!!!!), what to wear, what workshops to attend... basically all kinds of nervous and excited pre-conference jitters. I've left many happy, enthusiastic, non-envious, non-self-pitying comments on these posts. And I'm truly excited for my friends. Truly. I think the last few are packing their bags and heading to the airports as I type. Me? I will experience RWA vicariously through (hopefully) hourly twitter updates and frequent blog updates. I will also be doing the other non Reader Wallowing in Abandonment things like:
1. Clean out the garage as it will be demolished for our impending addition/renovation in a few short weeks.
2. Finish cleaning the basement to make room for storing everything from garage.
3. Get my teeth cleaned.
4. Take my 83 year old father-in-law to the dentist for the first time in probably over a decade.
5. Pay the mortgage.
6. Pay the balance of the architect bill. *faint*
7. Pay the good faith deposit to the contractor. *faints again*
Wow! I didn't realize how exciting my week was going to be. It's the picture perfect
pity party! I feel so much better now. No wallowing whatsoever. :D
How about you? What are you up to this week?
Seriously, I sincerely hope all RWA attendees-readers, bloggers, aspiring authors, published authors, editors, agents, publishers, etc., all have a fun, fantastic, and safe trip! :D