Sunday, January 8, 2012

TBR Challenge 2012

Host: Wendy the Super Librarian

Challenge: Read one book per month from your TBR pile in 2012 and post commentary on it somewhere by the third Wednesday of the month. There are optional monthly themes as well.

Time frame: January to December 2012

The TBR Challenge was one of the first reading challenges I ever signed up for back in 2008 when Keishon was the host. I was never able to keep up with the scheduled dates and didn't do well with the pressure of having to write reviews as part of the requirement. I kind of missed the challenge, though. There's something extra satisfactory about pulling a book off your own shelf that has been there for so long and finally reading it. So I'm going to give this challenge a go again.

For more information about this challenge, including the monthly review days and theme suggestions and to sign up for this challenge, visit Wendy HERE.

Wish me luck on this one! January's read is due in 10 days!

I'll keep a list of the books I read for this challenge and links to their reviews and or commentary here in this post:

January:      a category romance 
February:    a recommended read
March:        series catch-up
April:          new-to-you author
May:           old school [published prior to 2000]
June:           western
July:            how did this get here?
August:       steamy reads
September:  genre other than romance
October:      paranormal or romantic suspense
November:  all about the hype 
December:   holiday themes  


January:       The Longest Night by Kathleen O'Reilly
February:     Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt
March:         Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione
                    Sin Undone by Larissa Ione
April:           A Dangerous Beauty by Sophia Nash
May:           Saving Grace by Julie Garwood
June:           Caine's Reckoning by Sarah McCarty
July:            Danger's Kiss by Sarah McKerrigan
August:       Deeper by Megan Hart
September:  Riftwalker by Clay Griffith and Susan Griffith
October:      Demon From the Dark by Kresley Cole
November:  The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook
December:  Holiday Kisses by Shannon Stacey et al.

8 comments:

  1. This challenge sounds so good!
    Best of luck with it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making it my business since Jan. of last year to tackle my tbr. Didn't do too bad but found that it'll never really go away ; )

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm participating to this one as well :) Going to try not only to make it, but stick to the theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I'd join except that I currently only feel like reading m/m, so I decided to just stick with what I feel like reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex, you should do this one!

    Paula, good to hear you've been tackling your TBR since last year. I think we'd be sad if the pile ever disappeared, though, don't you? ;)

    nath, I know! I saw you on the list. I'm going to try to stick to the themes, too. Can you believe the first one is next week?

    orannia, that's a good plan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I know! But I'm done :) I've read my book... so now, I only have the review left :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, this looks fun, but I'd better get cracking if I'm going to make the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth!
    Did you join the challenge? It's a great way to revisit and explore the hidden depths of your TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]