Sunday, January 20, 2013

2013 Book Bingo Reading Challenge!

Hold onto your hats, everyone! This is the newest, coolest, shiniest Reading Challenge ever invented!

Well, I think it's pretty darn cool. ;)

Hosts: Anne from Creativity's Corner & Kristilyn from Reading In Winter

Link: Anne & Kristilyn's 2013 Book Bingo Reading Challenge

Time Frame: January 1 - December 31, 2013

Challenge: Read books and fill your BINGO board! [see below]

Just like any challenge, this ultimate goal of this challenge is to read books--lots of books! Instead of just keeping a list of books to satisfy some theme or number goal this challenge is designed in a Bingo board format, where each square on the board has a set of reading requirements that need to be met in order for you to cross out that square. To get Bingo, all you need to do is complete a whole column, row or diagonal.. just like the classic game. But Kristilyn and Anne know no one should EVER get stressed out over reading or reading challenges, so really, you can complete your Bingo board in a variety of patterns as you play along, including going for the Stamp of Awesome by blacking out the entire board!

The reading requirements on the Bingo board vary from reading books from your own TBR pile, reading multiple books in a series, reading new releases, reading books everyone else has read but you and re-reading books. Also, the center square is not a free space. To fill in that square, you need to read a book someone else in the challenge has read for the challenge. Sounds fun, right? Hopefully you're not confused and hopefully you want to join!

Here's what Anne and Kristilyn's 2013 Book Bingo Board looks like:

I'm going for the "the super reader" level [fill the entire board!] so I can get the Stamp of Awesome. It's probably not gonna happen--I honestly don't see myself re-reading 15 books to cross out the entire last column, but it'll be pretty darn fun trying to make it happen. Because Rule #1 is that YOU MUST HAVE FUN. And I'm all about THAT.

I'm not sure yet how I'm going to keep track of the books I'm reading for each square. I'll either keep tabs here in this post or make a new post just for my Bingo board.

Want to play?

12 comments:

  1. That's awesome you're participating! I wish you all the luck in completing the board! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristilyn! You and Anne did a fabulous job coming up with this super FUN challenge!

      Delete
  2. This is a really clever idea! Well done to the creators!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try this! It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Sounds fun! Can you join any time?
    I just wanna make sure I got time for it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marg Isn't it? I'm looking forward to crossing off boxes and screaming out BINGO! ha! ;)
    Gina LOL! I just KNEW this one would call out to you. You being even more reading challenge addicted than I.


    Too FondI think it will be! :)

    Alex Yes, you can join any time. You've got over 11 months to play, why not start now? You don't have to list books ahead of time. Just start reading and see what boxes you can complete. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This challenge is cute! It reminds me that I once played bingo with my grandma at the VFW. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone! This challenge sounds like so much fun!! :) I think I might sign up for it! thanks Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brandy Aw what a sweet remembrance. With those little red chips? ^_^

    nath Oh that would be so cool if you joined! I'd bet you'd have no trouble filling in the whole board and getting that Stamp of Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw this... I think I want to play. I'm not doing all those challenges from last year, but this looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mariana Do it! It has been rewarding checking off those squares! I used PicMonkey.com to put little graphics on the squares to mark off boxes as I complete them. My first update is HERE. I've checked off a few boxes since then, so I'm psyched!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]