Sunday, January 20, 2013

The 2013 Big Book Challenge

Host: orannia from Walkabout
Link: The 2013 Big Book Challenge
Time Frame: January 1 - December 31, 2013
Challenge: Read a book that is 500 400 pages or more that you have been procrastinating reading because it is so big.


I've done this challenge for the last couple of years and have welcomed the push to finally tackle some of those big books that I'd been putting off. This year I plan to read at least two big books. The first is to finish Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I started it last November, but stopped somewhere around the 250 page mark. It comes in at 828 pages so I still have over 500 pages to go. There was another big book that crossed my mind to read in 2013, but I forgot what it was! I think I mentioned it somewhere ...


Edited to Add: 
I got it! The other big book I'd like to read in 2013 is The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. Hopefully I'll be able to make that happen in a group read hosted by Ti at the blog Book Chatter in April.


500+ page Books Read in 2013:

1. The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley  [527 pgs]
2. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami  [611 pgs]
3. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness  [579 pgs]
4. Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness [584 pgs]

3 comments:

  1. So excited that you've joined :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So am I! I'm planning to pick up Anna Karenina again in February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remembered the other book! The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]