This week was one of those weeks when I didn't realize how stressed out I was until it was over and now I feel this tremendous need to get some release. I'm celebrating a major milestone on big project I've been working on for the last year with a pitcher of watermelon martinis! ... and then when the kids are finally asleep... well... ;)
4 lb. of watermelon
16 oz. of lemonade
1. Cut watermelon flesh from the rind and into chunks.
2. Puree watermelon in blender until smooth.
3. Use a fine mesh sieve and strain watermelon juice into a large glass pitcher.
4. Add lemonade to pitcher and stir.
At this point, you can serve the watermelon lemonade to the kids in glasses filled with ice.
5. Fill a glass with ice.
6. Add a shot of vodka to ice.
7. Fill glass to top with watermelon lemonade.