My blogging friend Sarai consistently posts her Thursday Thirteen lists each week on her blog. Each week I read her list, and think, "what a great idea." Maybe I'll do a list next week. Pfft! Never happens. This week, two other blogging friends made Thursday Thirteen lists and I loved them! One is Ciaralara who posted the Top Thirteen Authors Who Rock at Writing Heroes from the Desert Island Keeper (DIK) Hero Draft. The other is Holly & Casee over at The Book Binge who posted their list of Thirteen Heroines That Need To Die LOL They're so extreme! ;)
So anyway, I have a ton of things to do this weekend and made up my very own invented Friday Fifteen list to keep track of my three-day weekend agenda. Here it is:
1. Mow the lawn.
2. Put together silk drawstring bags with Cadette girl scout troop's patches and awards for tonight's end of year dinner.
3. Buy ice cream cake for said Cadette dinner. Yum.
4. Yikes!!! Remind husband to come home early (to watch 9 year old and his old man) so that Maria and I can actually get to said Cadette dinner on time.
5. Buy replacement part for the grill. I so want to be cooking on the grill now.
6. Transplant perennials in vegetable garden AND flower garden to some remote area of the property. (Preparation for construction and both these garden beds are close to the house). .... started this... still a lot more to go.... there's always next weekend.
7. Scrub the girls' outdoor toy house and move to front yard. Put 'House for Sale by Owner' sign on house and hope it sells. Not so sure about today's market. A brand new one sells for $500. How much do you think I can get for a used one? Seriously... what do you think? The girls scrubbed the house, but we didn't get it to the front with the for sale sign on.
I have so, so, so many sweet memories of my girls (and me) playing in this house, that its kinda sad to let it go, but omg so ridiculous to keep it when no one is playing in it, you know? *sniff*
8. Clean out garage. No really... totally clean it out. It will be knocked down in a few weeks for construction. God I hope its only a few weeks time. Just got blueprints emailed to me... they're almost done!! :)
9. Make alterations to 10 TEN!! TEN!!!!! over-priced (like ridiculously-embarrassingly over-priced-I-can't-even-tell-you-how-much-I-spent-on-these over priced) dance recital costumes for my girls. Dress rehearsals are next week and recitals (yes, they're in three shows) next weekend. Well... organized the costumes and know exactly what I need to do... and dress rehearsals start Tuesday night! Eeep! And realized I need to go buy several pairs of tights. @.@
10. Take Maria to a really special, super cool tap dance workshop with world renowned tap dancer Savion Glover on Sunday. Holy smokes she's so excited about this opportunity.
11. During the course of completing Item No. 8., find all pieces to the hammock and set it up in the backyard.
12. Finish reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer (hopefully IN said hammock) ..... and write review.
13. Write a review for Lover Enshrined by JR Ward. I finished the crack book almost three weeks ago. I was so not kidding about how badly I procrastinate. OMG SO BAD.
14. Sew a year's worth of badges, patches and other achievements to both girls Girl Scout uniforms for the Memorial Day Parade. Okay.. no time! SKIP THIS ONE!
15. March in the parade with Girl Scout troops, honoring the men and women who have given their lives to protect our freedom.
Oh shoot. I forgot one. Go see the Iron Man with my husband. We don't get out alone anywhere near as much as we should, and we both want to see this movie. Plus I think its one that would be really nice to see on the big screen, not at home on DVD in a few months, so I hope we get to this.
Oh! And another one! Watch the film The Orphanage (El Orfanato) that just came in the mail from Netflix. I LOVED Pan's Labyrinth (El Laberinto del fauno)--the Spanish film written and directed by Guillermo del Toro. del Toro isn't the director of The Orphanage, but he is "presenting" it (not sure what that exactly means...), and this film came highly recommended by Thea at The BookSmugglers. I think we may get to watch this tonight when I get home from the girl scout dinner thing. :)
Send me lots of productivity vibes! Please!!! This procrastinator needs it desperately. And with that, I'm off to tackle ITEM No. 1 before the kidlets get home from school!
Have a great long weekend everyone! :)
ETA: Comments in red if anyone cares to note my progress.... I actually accomplished more than I expected. And inserted a few things not on this list... like take teen daughter to the mall to go clothes shopping (killed three hours and $100+), went to a barbeque at some friends house this evening, and played many games of Boggle with the hubby and kids. Can't beat that! :)