Friday, February 13, 2009

Tagged! Top 10 Favorite TV Couples

Ana and Thea of The Book Smugglers tagged me last week for this fun blog meme. All you have to do is make a list of your top 10 all time favorite TV couples. Easy, right? Only I don't really watch that much television. Haven't actually watched TV since late November of last year. O_0 Miraculously, I actually managed to pull together a decent list! Check it out:

1. Lucy & Ricky Ricardo from I Love Lucy.
(October 15, 1951 to May 6, 1957)

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez star in this classic old time comedy sitcom. No explanation really needed. Lucy totally steals the show. Actually... I love the scenes with Lucy and Ethel most of all!






 2. Ralph & Alice Kramden from the Honeymooners.
October 1, 1955 –September 22, 1956.  
I never realized this show had such a short run.

These two are a classic. Talk about old time. When I got my own place for the first time about a year after graduating college, I used to watch reruns of The Honeymooners late at night. Ralph and Alice kept me company. :)




3. Darin & Samantha Stevens from Bewitched.
September 17, 1964 – July 1, 1972.
Another quirky, fun loving couple from a comedic sitcom. Oh, how I wish I could twitch my nose like Samantha and have my house all tidy and clean!!!




4. Batman & Robin from Batman (TV Series)
January 12, 1966 to March 14, 1968.

Okay, so Batman and Robin are not exactly a couple per se... but they are the dynamic duo and I spent many an hour watching repeats of this show after school in the 70s.




5. Captain Kirk & well.... any female creature in the galaxy? from Star Trek.
September 8, 1966 - June 3, 1969.

Check it out... there's even a book about Captain Kirk and his ladies! LOL!

To boldly go where no man--or woman--has gone before: The very first interracial kiss to ever air on television was a kiss between Captain Kirk and Lieutenant Uhura in 1968. 


6. Captain/Major Nelson & Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie. 
September 18, 1965 – May 26, 1970.

Actually, I mostly liked Jeannie. She had great outfits and I always loved--and envied--her room in her bottle. Very cool digs. 








7. Homer & Marge Simpson from The Simpsons
December 17, 1989 - present.

A very funny show about a very dysfunctional family. But you gotta love Homer and Marge and how they stick together through the best and worst of times!



8. Ray & Debra Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond.
September 13, 1996 to May 16, 2005.

I've never watched a single episode of this show that didn't have me rolling with laughter. Everybody Loves Raymond has been nominated for many awards, including 2 Golden Globe nominations, and won many awards, as well, including 13 Emmys.





9. Dharma & Greg from Dharma & Greg.
September 24, 1997 - April 30, 2002.

I loved this show! Dharma and Greg had this classic opposites attract thing going on and worked it so well. Dharma was such a fantastic character. Loved her!

Dharma & Greg was nominated for several awards, including, but not limited to, 6 Emmy nominations and 7 Golden Globe nominations. In 1999, Jenna Elfman won a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a TV-Series - Comedy/Musical. The series also won several other lesser known awards.


10. Fox Mulder and Dana Scully from the X Files.

September 10, 1993 –May 19, 2002.

The X-Files is probably the only show that I ever religiously watched every week it aired. I think I only started watching the series during its second or third season, but caught up on those episodes at one time when they were aired on the Fx channel or something like that. Mulder and Scully were an undeniably awesome investigative team--one the believer of the paranormal and the other the skeptic, determined to explain everything with science. They had a great chemistry between them that grew slowly over the years as they investigated government X-Files together. Initially merely colleagues, their relationship evolved to friendship and finally platonic love.

The X-Files won 5 Golden Globes, 16 Emmy Awards, and 49 other various awards. The show also boasts 142 award nominations. It's also the longest running science fiction series in the history of US television. Sweet.


Tag! You're it! Let me know if you decide to play so I don't miss your list! 

Award information from www.imdb.com
Series run time information from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia


12 comments:

  1. Oooh, good list! Sounds like fun. Maybe I'll work up the oomph this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lori! That would be great if you did this tag. It was an easy and fun one to do. I was going to tag you actually, but then decided against tagging victims. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Chritstine! I love your TV couples! I'm too tired tonight, but maybe this weekend I'll get mine up.

    I hope you're having a great week! And happy V-day to you and your hubby.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Makes me want to watch some TV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine! Your list is awesome! You got some great classics there girl - how could forget Dharma and Greg? Marge and Homer? Batman and Robin LOL???

    Great picks! *highfive*

    ReplyDelete
  6. YESSS! Mulder and Scully!

    I was an x-files junkie way back when :). Loved that show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some great couples. I love the Captain Kirk and well, anyone! lol so true. I love Dharma and Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did mine the other day, but just as I was reading your entry, another TV couple came to mind. Scarecrow & Mrs. King! I LOVED that show! The chemistry between Bruce Boxleitner and Kate Jackson was awesome. :) I loved that show until they married and then everything fell apart. Up until then though, their story was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list Christine! I can't believe that there is a book published on Captain Kirk's women...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I never saw Dharma & Greg. X-Files - I thought this series way cool compared to the other series then. LOL about the Kirk women's book!

    Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love Mulder and Scully!!!! they're so awesome!! i never missed a single episode. i think the sweet pure platonic love they share is the most wonderful thing the show has to give us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue!
    Yeah... I agree with you 100% regarding this show and the platonic love between Mulder and Scully. I think I started watching the XFiles in the second season, but managed to go back and watch the first season too, so I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode, too. I miss it. It was the only TV Show that I ever considered 'my show' that I couldn't miss!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]