Lisa tagged me with this fun meme last week and now I'm tagging you. That's right, if you're reading this post, consider yourself tagged! Follow the rules below and tag more people on your own blog, or to make it easier and encourage you to play along--you can simply answer my questions in the comments below. Since most of the people who regularly comment on my blog are book bloggers, I am gearing all of my questions towards books and reading.
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link them to your post.
4. Let them know you've tagged them!
First, the questions Lisa posed for me:
1. Could you eat the same thing for lunch every day? What would it be?
I practically DO eat the same thing for lunch every day. This salad:
Romaine or green leaf lettuce, sometimes also baby spinach, chopped apples, celery, radish, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, sliced strawberries topped with pomegranate dressing. I'm trying to develop a homemade pomegranate vinaigrette, but it's a work in progress. In between batches of my own dressing, I've been using Simply Dressed All Natural Pomegranate Vinaigrette by Marzetti. You can find it in the refrigerator case alongside the packaged salads at your grocer.
I often have a small sandwich with the salad, usually turkey on whole grain bread.
2. How many library books do you have checked out right now?
Six [See yesterday's Library Loot post to see what I got..]
3. Do you feel strongly about specific music? Or more of a music in general type person?
I like a variety of music, but my go to is usually sexy R&B and or pop music with a pumping beat because it lifts my mood and motivates me to workout hard.
4. What is your favorite brick and mortar retail store?
Does a grocery store count? If yes, then my local Trader Joe's. I'm in there once or twice a week and am on a first name basis with several employees there. That's what happens at a small store when you go there regularly for 13+ years.
5. What is your favorite online store?
Athleta or Terry Bicycles. Although most of my shopping in those stores is of the window shopping sort.
6. What is your favorite moment of heartstopping romantic tension?
(Book, movie, music, tv, real life, art, anywhere..)
Definitely the first kiss.
7. What is the first book you remember reading?
I See Sam series of learning to read books in kindergarten. I can't believe those books are still out there being used! At home, probably One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
8. Are you creative in any way? How so?
I can be... if the directions are written really well. ;)
9. Not counting your family, pets and vital personal documents/pictures, what one thing would you save in a fire?
My TBR pile.
10. What is your favorite type of vacation?
(museums, beach, cabin, mountains, theme parks..)
National Parks and foreign cities/countries.
11. What is the most surprising or unexpected thing you've done in the last 12 months?
I trained and competed in my first sprint triathlon in September 2011 and did really well in the cycling portion. I wowed myself with that one. :)
Now my questions for YOU to answer:
1. What is your favorite genre to read?
2. What is the first romance novel you ever read and how old were you when you read it?
3. How many books--paper or ebooks--are in your existing TBR pile?
[TBR = your To-Be-Read and typically refers to books you already own but haven't yet read]
4. Do you read nonfiction? If so, from which sub-genre?
5. Do you own an e-reading device? If so, which one(s)?
6. Which one book have you re-read most often?
7. How many library books do you have out right now?
8. How do you mark your place in a book?
9. About how many books do you typically read in a month?
10. What was the last book that made you cry?
11. What was the last book that made you laugh?
I hope you play along! :)