Thursday, March 14, 2013

Library Loot LXIV

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries! 


Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas 
Friday Harbor series, Book #4

The final book in the Friday Harbor series by Lisa Kleypas. This is a contemporary romance series with magical realism, although this particular installment was heavier on the magic than the others to the point at which I would say it's soft paranormal. I liked it more than I expected after having read some very so-so reviews. If you've been reading the series, grab this one from the library and dig it. It was fun!


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

This is the March selection for an online book club to which I belong. I was so glad this book was chosen, because it has been on my to-read list for ages! This was just the push I needed to finally read it. I feel like I'm the last person in the world to read it--I anticipate a bunch of comments along the lines of "What?! You haven't read The Book Thief?" and "You have GOT to read The Book Thief right now!" I'm ready! 





Finally, I have some Used Book Sale loot to share. I managed to get to my library in the last hour of their four day used book sale last weekend and scored the stack of books pictured below for only $8! Quite the steal, if you ask me. I found a few romances, a few classics, a few newer fiction titles and a cookbook. I'm happy. 

Used Book Sale Loot
from my library
What I Did For Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Where Angels Go by Debbie Macomber
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
How I Came to Sparkle Again by Kaya McLaren
Above The Thunder by Renée Manfredi 
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
Lost Horizon by James Hilton
Pizza and other savory pies by Brigit Binns  [cookbook] 


See anything you like? 

What are you reading from your library right now? 

11 comments:

  1. Nice score at the book sale, Christine. If you haven't read any Susan Elizabeth Phillips, you're in for a treat (she's one of my favorite authors). And The Time Traveler's Wife is on my Top Ten Books of all Time list!!

    I hope you enjoy The Book Thief - I loved it. I look forward to you posting about it.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, THE BOOK THIEF.

    Such a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Water For Elephants. It was such a surprise, being out of my normal reading comfort zone. But it was a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey nice book look! I wish libraries would do stuff like that here too.
    I tried to read The Book Tief before but it was TOO dense for me, and I didn't like it but I seem to be in the minority.
    I wonder about Crystal Cove, I have to read Dream Lake first but like you have heard only so-so things about Crystal Cove so I've been putting it off.

    Enjoy your books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Book Thief! Sigh...

    I hope you love it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, love Susan Elizabeth Phillips. The pizza book sounds good, too. There are a few others in your stack that I have read, but count me in the category of those who hasn't read The Book Thief- yet. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul at the book sale! I adore Susan Elizabeth Phillips and one day when I have unlimited bookshelf space plan on buying copies of all her books. For now, I just have digital editions of them all (which is almost as good).

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Used Book Sale books are evily tempting :) I went on a SEP glom a few years back :)

    I haven't read the latest Lisa Kleypas series, but then I'm not reading any m/f ATM and...I'm not a fan of magical realism. At. All. But enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, The Book Thief. I've read it twice. Will hopefully read it again someday. (I'm not much or a re-reader so that's sayin' somethin'.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What... you haven't read The Book Thief yet? *grins*

    Awesome book and I am very excited at the prospect of a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm reading The Book Thief now. Oh my. So moving.. I choked up a half dozen times in the first 20 pages, I think. I'm putting on a tougher skin and am doing better now. Phew.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]