Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Life According to the Book I Read in 2012

It's that time of year again! I first spotted this meme on Angie's blog several years ago and have made it an annual end of the year tradition on my blog ever since. I love this book meme--it's a fun, creative way to reminisce all the books you read throughout the year.

What's even more fun?

Having your friends do the meme, too!

To play along, use only titles of books that you read this year (2012) and complete the prompts below.

Try not to repeat any book titles. Think creatively and have fun!

Once you've posted your Life According to the Books You Read in 2012, grab the link to your blog post and come back here to add you name and link to the Mr. Linky box below. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

My Life According to the Books I Read in 2012:

Describe yourself:
The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis

How do you feel: 
A Lot Like Love by Julie James

Describe where you currently live: 
Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas

If you could go anywhere, where would you go:
Paris in Love by Eloisa James

Your favorite form of transportation: 
Ride With Me by Ruthie Knox

Your best friend is:
Forever Mine by Delilah Marvelle

You and your friends are:
Somebody to Love by Kristan Higgins

What's the weather like: 
Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole & Gena Showalter

What is life to you:
 Gold by Chris Cleave

Favorite time of day:
Dark Desires After Dark by Kresley Cole

Your fear:
If I Die by Rachel Vincent

What is the best advice you have to give:
The Good Neighbors by Holly Black and Ted Naifeh

Thought for the day:
Deck the Halls with Love by Lorraine Heath

How I would like to die:
Eternity Embraced by Larissa Ione

My soul's present condition: 
Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh

Can't get enough of reading these lists? Check out mine from past years:
My Life According to the Books I Read in 2011
My Life According to the Books I Read in 2010
My Life According to the Books I Read in 2009

 Don't forget to come back and link up YOUR Life According to the Books You Read in 2012!

27 comments:

  1. Haha, this looks like a lot of fun. I'm so going to do this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know I love this "game." You know I'll be participating. :)

    You used some great titles this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Players!!! LOL! ; )

    Thanks, Rowena!

    Can't wait to see what you come up with, Hils!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely think you're The Sweetest Thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was cute! I wish I'd kept better records this year, but everything got away from me. You are indeed The Sweetest Thing! *g*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've read any of the books on your list this year! Thanks for the fun link up. I always look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was fun! :) Much better than the boring list I planned to use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your answers. What is life to you? Gold... sweet :)

    I love this meme!! Will be doing mine soon as I get home and I can see my book list; can't get to Goodreads from work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun meme! I've begun looking forward to it towards the end of the year. I will have to check out some of the books on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. orannia ... aw, thanks. *blushes* So are YOU!
    Are you going to play?

    Brandy... I noticed you didn't keep up with what you were reading on goodreads, but if it's not important to you to keep a detailed record then why bother, right? Aw, thanks. I think you're the sweetest thing, too. ^_^

    willaful.. So glad you played! Thanks!

    Lisa.. There's a lot of romance titles up there, so if that's not your thing, then that explains it! LOL! So glad you played! I love this meme. :D

    Mikaela ... Excellent! Thanks for playing and linking up!

    Mariana .. Wasn't GOLD a perfect fit for that one? I can't wait to see your answers. :)

    Sonya ... Yay! So glad you linked up. I, too, look forward to this meme every year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,love it, it's fun meme. I put my link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice answers!! :D
    I did it last year I think! I might try again soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. myromancelandia, Fantastic! So glad you played along and linked up!

    Alex, Oh please do this meme again this year. I love reading everyone's answers. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this meme! I almost picked 'Deep Kiss of Winter' for the weather, except we don't have any snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cool idea!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hope it's not too late to link up. sounds fun! gotta see what i read.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hope it's not too late to link up. sounds fun! gotta see what i read.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hope it's not too late to link up. sounds fun! gotta see what i read.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry, I really didn't mean to comment 3 times but I linked up my post. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks to Tanya for telling me my link was missing. Love this and try to do it yearly. Lisa introduced me to it a few Decembers ago.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad to see more readers participating in this meme. Isn't it so much fun?
    Thank you all for spreading the word about it and linking up. :)

    Pepca Aw you could have picked Deep Kiss of Winter even if you don't have snow. No one would know.. ha ha ha. Thanks for playing!

    karinshahI love this meme, too. It's not my idea.. I got it from someone else years ago. But I LOVE doing it every December and reading what others come up with.

    Tanya Not too late at all! So glad to have you play and link up! :))

    Andrea B. Thank you so much for linking and playing along. I'm so happy to hear it's something you look forward to every year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a fun meme to participate in, I love reading everyone's answers. You have some geat ones yourself, who wouldn't want to fall in love in Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for playing, Whitney and Blodeuedd. Both of your answers were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm late too but it looked like so much fun I just had to play. Absolutely love your picks ... The Sweetest Thing, Gold ... perfect lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Always love this meme, Christine! Just fun to see how we can fit the titles to describe something :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]