Friday, December 31, 2010

My Life According to the Books I Read in 2010

I did this fun little book meme last year on New Year's Eve and had so much fun doing it that I decided to do it again this year. In fact, I intend to do this meme every year on New Year's Eve as long as I'm reading and blogging.

I hope you give this one a try, too. Leave a comment and let me know if you post this one so I can be sure to come by and check out your life according to the books you read in 2010!

Using only titles of books that you read this year (2010), complete the prompts below. Try not to repeat any book titles.

Describe yourself:
Ravishing In Red by Madeline Hunter

How do you feel:
All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins

Describe where you currently live:
Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning

If you could go anywhere, where would you go:
Looking for Alaska by John Green

Your favorite form of transportation:
Tomorrow River by Lesley Kagen

Your best friend is:
Lover Mine by J.R. Ward

You and your friends are:
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

What's the weather like:
"Winter's Passage" by Julie Kagawa

Favorite time of day:
Four to Score by Janet Evanovich

What is life to you:
The Gift by Nora Roberts

Your fear:
Betrayal in Death by J.D. Robb

What is the best advice you have to give:
Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts

Thought for the day:
The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

How I would like to die:
Purity In Death by J.D. Robb

My soul's present condition:
Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts

18 comments:

  1. I noticed a lot of Nora's books made your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Maybe I should try this? We'll see what I come up with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I love it Christine! The only problem is now that I've read your answers, would be very difficult for me to come up with my own ^_^;

    Savor the Moment, so true :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meme is very cool! This is going to make me take a closer look at the titles of books I have read.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Christine! All the very best for 2011. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!

    Dru--I read an unusually large number of Nora books in 2010. 18 out of 83 books were Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb! That's nearly 22% of the books I read last year! LOL!

    Mariana--This is such a fun meme. I hope you did it. Will pop over soon to see if you posted it. :)

    nath-- I hope you try this one! It's fun! And it's perfectly fine if you use some of the same answers as I!

    Brandy--Did you do the meme, too? I'll pop over to your place soon. xo

    Lea--Happy New Year to you, too, luv. xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this meme! Your answers are wonderful... and NR is quite popular there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hils! :)
    I love doing this meme. Not only is it fun to reflect on the books I've read, but I like fitting the titles to the prompts. It's like a puzzle. :)

    I did indeed read a lot of NR in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this idea but I didn't read enough books last year to complete this which means this will also have to go on the back burner until next year. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. orannia, thanks! This meme is fun to read, right? :)

    deanna, you should definitely keep it in mind for the end of 2011. It's a cool meme.

    Mariana, how could it be tough for you when you have like, a gazillion book titles you read in 2010?? I'll be right over... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really clever. How cool. I may have to ponder this and try not to list any dirty books. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I just did it!

    Here's my link.

    :)

    http://redheadedbookchild.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-life-according-to-books-i-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a cute meme. I completed it last year when I saw it on yours and Leslie's blog and also did one for this year too. Great minds think alike. :D

    I like your answers. It's a good reflection of what you read. And go NR/JD Robb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this idea so much! I posted mine today and linked with your blog.

    I feel kind of humbled that I haven't read a single book on your list! I have read a few of Nora Roberts other books, but it has been a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found you by working my way back from varunner's blog. I wrote mine and will post it in the next few days. This was a lot of fun! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle, I love your answers! Thanks for playing.

    Tabz, I'm coming over to check out your meme. So glad you did it again this year, too! :)

    varunner, hello!! Thanks for following the meme trail to my blog and taking the time to comment! :)

    Oh don't feel humbled from the titles on my list! We probably just gravitate to different genres. I read a lot of romance, urban fantasy and young adult with some general fiction and mystery thrown in now and then. I'll be heading over to your blog for a visit shortly!

    Andrea, hi! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. :)

    I'll be on the lookout for your meme. It's really a fun one... but totally not my own idea. I found this meme in 2009 somewhere else. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]