Sunday, January 8, 2012
What's In a Name 5 Reading Challenge
Host: Beth F from Beth Fish Reads
Challenge: Read one book whose title meets each category requirement.
Time frame: January 1 to December 31, 2012
This is probably my favorite challenge of all the ones I've ever done. It's so much fun finding a book from my shelves, my wish list or at the library that fits one of the categories. Most of the time, I realize after I've read a book that it fits this challenge and am rewarded with a very satisfying 'ah-ha!' moment. If I can inspire you to join one [more] reading challenge this year... this is the one.
You can learn more about this challenge and sign up for it yourself HERE.
This year's categories:
1. A book with a topographical feature in the title.
2. A book with something you'd see in the sky in the title.
3. A book with a creepy crawly in the title.
4. A book with a type of house in the title.
5. A book with something you'd carry in your pocket, purse or backpack in the title.
6. A book with something you'd find on a calendar in the title.
I'll keep a running list of the books I read for this challenge here:
1. The Riftwalker by Clay Griffith and Susan Griffith
2. Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones
3. Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep
4. The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
5. Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh
6. The Arrival by Shaun Tan
CHALLENGE COMPLETED DECEMBER 7, 2012