Monday, August 30, 2010

Authors By The Alphabet {Online} Book Club


As if a dozen {literally} reading challenges weren't enough for me, I went ahead and joined an online book club! Don't laugh! I know I'm already kind of way in over my head with a leaning tower of TBR books, a list of books I want to loot from the library, and yet more books that are on my wish list that haven't even been released yet. So why not add more reading to the mix by joining a book club? You're laughing, aren't you? The thing is, I think this online book club will help broaden my reading horizons because the participants take turns selecting the book to be read each month and it looks like everyone has slightly different reading preferences.

Here's how it works:

The Authors By The Alphabet Book Club is being hosted by Paula at Tome's Devotee book blog.

Each month we'll read one book, selected based on authors last names, working our way through the alphabet A through Z.

Participants will take turns each month proposing a couple of books by authors whose last names start with whatever letter of the alphabet we're up to for the next month's book selection. The group will have a chance to voice their preferences, but the participant who chose the books will have the final say in which one we'll read.

In the last few days of each month, Paula will make a post for the book club with some questions or comments or whatever so we can engage in some good discussions.

Sounds fun, doesn't it?
The book club pilots in September and our first book will be The Godmother by Carrie Adams.

If you think you'd like to join, visit Paula at Authors By The Alphabet Book Club and sign up!

Come on and join the fun!


5 comments:

  1. Laughing? Now why on earth would we be laughing at you? LOL Yeah, okay, I was laughing. :)

    It does sound interesting and if I didn't have such a huge tbr I might join.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not laughing, but thinking you're very brave :D

    I just can't. Reading under pressure is really not my thing and reading outside of my comfort zones on demand, even less ^_^;

    but i admire the fact that you do/try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From past experience, book clubs don't work for me ... BUT I wish for you a great experience. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe, not laughing (okay, maybe a tiny bit), at your dedication to reading this year! I like the idea of book clubs. Have fun and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you all got a laugh out of my sense of reading adventure. The thing is ... reading under pressure isn't really my thing either, so what the heck am I doing? LOL!

    I figure nothing ventured, nothing gained.

    Thanks for the encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]