|44 years strong. :)|
Second, I have a wonderful husband with whom I'm still in love. A man who still makes my heart skip a beat and my girl parts sing after more than two decades since our first kiss. TMI but it's true!
I have two beautiful, healthy, amazing daughters who keep me on my toes and may have contributed to a few gray hairs, but I wouldn't want it any other way. It is joy to be a part of their journey from birth to the amazing young women they are becoming. I love them with my whole being.
I have many people in my life who I am lucky to call friends. Friends to whom I know I can turn in times of need and in times of joy.
Lastly, I am grateful for how fortunate I am to have a home, plenty of healthy food and clean water, access to good medical care and the opportunity to live life to the fullest within our means.
I am exceptionally grateful for my life and the people with whom I am lucky to share it. I truly have a lot to celebrate on this birthday and I hope you have the same in your life every day.
In my tradition of celebrating my birthday on my blog, I'm giving away a birthday gift to one lucky person. I'm gifting one lucky winner a one year's subscription to either Everyday Food Magazine or Whole Living Magazine--both my current favorite publications. Note: I am not affiliated in any way with these magazines, Omnimedia, Inc. or their affiliates. I'm merely a fan who wants to share the goodness.
|October 2012 issue|
I have been a subscriber to Everyday Food Magazine for several years now and look forward to every issue. The recipes are simple, easy and delicious. Each issue contains recipes and food preparation ideas to enhance the daily cooking of both the beginner cook or the experienced home cook.
|October 2012 issue|
Whole Living magazine is new to me in the last year. Whole Living magazine is a sponsor for the Danskin Triathlon and gifted participants with a complimentary one year subscription to their magazine. My subscription started in the summer of 2011 and I was hooked with the first issue. This magazine is chock full of recipes, nutrition and health news and information, as well as ideas, suggestions and inspiration for living a whole, healthy lifestyle--"body+soul in balance." Many of the recipes are vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free.
To enter my birthday giveaway, all you need to do is fill out the Rafflecopter form below and then leave a comment in the comment section below telling me what your favorite autumn comfort food is. Mine is pumpkin anything. :)
Here are the terms and conditions of this giveaway:
- Giveaway runs from today, October 1, 2012 through Monday, October 8, 2012 at 12:01 am EST. All entries received after the close of the giveaway will be disqualified.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- No purchase necessary to win and void where prohibited.
- Magazine subscriptions can only be gifted to residents of the US. I am willing to work with an international winner, however, with an ebook or a gift purchased of equal or lesser value from thebookdepository.com as long as they deliver to your country.
- Prize value: US $15
- Odds of winning are dependent on the number of entries received.
- One winner will be drawn on October 8, 2012 and notified by email within 48 hours. Winner will have one week from my email to get back to me with their gift choice and mailing address or their gift will be forfeited and a new winner will be chosen.
- Contact information [email and address] will only be used for the purposes of contacting the winner and prize delivery. Information will not be saved, sold or used for any other purpose.
By entering your name in the Rafflecopter form and in the comment section below, you agree to these terms and conditions.
This is my first time using Rafflecopter, so please bear with me as I learn how to use it.. hopefully it's as easy as all the testimonials say it is. In the meantime, it might be a good idea to subscribe to the comments of this post by email so you're kept in the loop about the giveaway. Thanks!
Note: Special thanks to Donna H. who blogs at Girl Who Reads for her very informative articles about the laws regarding hosting contests and giveaways on blogs. I highly recommend you check them out.
Thursday Bloggiesta Edition
Tips on Thursday: Giveaways a Rafflecopter giveaway