Bloggiesta is group blog event that brings bloggers together for a weekend of blog improvements, mini challenges designed to teach improved productivity and blog management and twitter parties. Of course you can make blog improvements any time you want, but doing it alongside other bloggers turns tackling your to-do list into a party!
Bloggiesta is hosted this year by Suey of It's All About Books and Danielle from There's A Book and takes place Sept. 28-30.
Sign up for Bloggiesta HERE. More than 200 bloggers are signed up!
Starting line posts are linked HERE.
Mini-Challenges are posted HERE.
Twitter parties! Friday Sept. 28 9-11pm EST
Saturday Sept. 29 noon-2pm EST
Sunday, Sept. 30 5-7pm EST
Just follow @Bloggiesta and the hash tag #Bloggiesta on twitter for parties and general blogger interaction.
My to-do list is quite ambitious, but I'm listing it all anyway and hoping to accomplish as much as I can. Honestly, I'll be happy if I'm able to check one or two things off my list by the end of the weekend.
Back up blog! I've never done this before.. Add those cute little buttons to my sidebar. RSS feeds, Twitter, goodreads, instagram, email, etc.. Create some pages. About me, On my bookshelf, In the kitchen, In the Garden, Health & Fitness, Travel & Adventures, Arts & Crafts
- Update photos. Remove and or credit photos not my own.
Add creative commons copyright thingy [need to figure this out]
- Consolidate my separate blogs See how she runs... [fitness logs] and The happily ever after... book archives [lists of monthly reads since 2008] into my main blog. Maybe their own page here?
- Start the process of making a unique, artistic header graphic. At least explore some options. My sources of inspiration: Angieville and Lurve A La Mode
Participate in a few of the mini challenges. Quite a few of them are even relevant to my to-do list!
- Re-organize and update all the blogs in my feed reader.
Meet new bloggers through Bloggiesta!!!! I love making new friends, don't you?
Unrelated to Bloggiesta, I've got quite a few other book and blog related things I'd love to get to by the end of the weekend:
Elemental Assassin Read Along discussion
- Read first three chapters of Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book for The Graveyard Read Along that starts Monday!
- Finish reading this month's book club pick: Cold Fire by Kate Elliot
- Finish and post book review of The Rift Walker by Clay and Susan Griffith
- Weekend Cooking post
In Death Series Reading Challenge: September 2012 post
I told you my list was ambitious. ;)
Is there anything about my blog that YOU think needs improvement? Please let me know! I'm open to suggestions.