Thursday, November 4, 2010

Catch the Fever!

.
Join the Fever Series Read Along hosted by Smexy Books and Fiction Vixen Book Reviews!




The Fever series is an urban fantasy pentalogy (is that a word?) by author Karen Marie Moning.

The highly anticipated fifth and final book, Shadowfever comes out in January, 2011, so to get psyched up for this book's release and to share and spread the enthusiasm for the series, Mandi and Tori from Smexy Books and Sophia from Fiction Vixen Book Reviews are hosting a Fever Series Read Along in the weeks preceding Shadowfever's release. This is a great opportunity to start this series if you haven't already but have always wanted to, or if you're like me and have read one or two of the books and this is just the inspiration you need to get back into it... and into the thrill of anticipating the final installment. I read Darkfever years ago when it first came out in paperback, but if I have time, I'm going to reread it for the first discussion date. I believe I have both Bloodfever and Faefever somewhere around here...

Visit Smexybooks or FictionVixen Book Reviews to find out more about the read along.

Here is the book discussion schedule:

Darkfever Discussion - November 18th
Bloodfever Discussion - December 9th
Faefever Discussion - December 23rd
Dreamfever Discussion - January 13th


So who else is in? You know you want in on the fever!

Do you read the Fever Series? Tell me why I should definitely be read it. 


... besides the fact that I have three of the books on my shelf already. ;)

13 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I haven't read this series so I'm not going to be much help convincing you :) I have heard good things, but...I'm just not in the right place for reading UF ATM... Maybe I'll see how it goes - perhaps I could go on a glom over the Christmas period :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I've not really caught the fever as much as others about this series. Having said that, I have read the first four books in the series, so there is no way I am not reading this one, and I love the cover on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of these guys. I think I have the first one. Good stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this series! I cannot wait for the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my QBFFs loves this series and she's been bugging me to read it. I told her I'd start when the final book was released. Darkfever was a freebie for the Kindle a little while ago, so I have it loaded and ready to go. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thanks so much for posting this! We are hoping to get everyone hooked on the Fever series. :) I read the first book in the series because it was a free Kindle read. I had never heard of the series before that. I was hooked! Happy reading! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine! I haven't read any of these books, but the covers are so beautiful and intriguing that I'm going to head over to Amazon and read the description to see if it's my cup of tea! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read these, so I can't help convince you, either. I do agree that the covers are eye-catching. *g* Enjoy reading them!

    I hope you have a sensational weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely a series that sucks you in. Watch out for the cliffhangers - there are some big ones!

    I really enjoy the series. The world building, the characters, the underlying creepiness of the Ireland that KMM has created. All very good. My main complaint is the length between books but some things can't be helped.

    This is a really good time to start the series - you won't have to wait years for all the questions to be answered. That's assuming they're all answered! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE this series! I think it's one of my favorites... or perhaps I could say it's the best one I've ever read. I've borrowed my books to two of my friends and they've both liked it. The other one thought the books were nice and the other one that the series is awesome. So looking forward to that last book - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. January??? When did it get pushed back from December?? I read the whole series (so far) earlier this year and couldn't put it down. I loathe cliff hangers too. Barrons! I am on pins and needles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *hides under her desk and whispers* I kind of didn't like book one *ahem*

    Ahh.... Hope you like them more then me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to see so many fans of this series. And then there's Susi. LOL! ^_^

    That's okay, Susi. Not every series works out for everyone. I actually thought Mac was a bit shallow and ditzy in the first book.. it started to get annoying. But the premise was intriguing enough, and she did show signs of maturing a bit, so that was enough to make me want to explore the series some more. We'll see if I like the rest, soon, won't we?

    I have Darkfever in paperback, but also have the audiobook on my iPod that I downloaded ages ago when it was free. I hope to reread or listen to it by next week!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I love to hear what YOU think.
[I apologize, but I've had to disallow anonymous users to comment on my blog due to an influx of spam. I'll change it back as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.]